You’ve got the web designer working on your website and now you’re starting to look into the content that will tell everybody what your website and brand is all about. You’ve no doubt decided what pages you want to include. At the very least, you have put a sitemap together. So how do you decide what words to put on those pages that will get your brand noticed and more people to your website.
Here are a few tips from our content marketing experts to get you started:
- No doubt you have already done this, but check that the name of your business is not being used by anybody else - this could thwart your marketing efforts especially if they are already ranking high in the search engines. It’s not the end of the world if there is somebody using the same company name. You’ll just have to step up your marketing efforts in other areas.
- Research the keywords that relate to your business and USE them well. That means using them in your web copy, your articles, your social media and your press releases.
- Do you know your audience and where they are based, what they are searching for, etc.? If you are targeting specific locations, use these alongside your keywords, for example, “SEO writers in Toronto”, “creative copywriters Mississauga”, “content marketing experts Canada”, or whatever else is relevant to your business.
- Think about publishing guest posts on other sites relevant to yours. You may have to get your site established first, but guest posts can really help to elevate your search engine rankings and your authority within your industry. We don’t claim here at MintCopy that we are the best SEO writer in North America; of course, it is what we are continuously striving to be. Search results for this term, however, put us in that league already. Now dare we say, the pressure is definitely on!
- Post-launch, make sure you don’t miss a beat where your content marketing is concerned. The more you do to get your web pages optimized and keep your online content fresh, the better chance you have at promoting your website to those who matter.
Let MintCopy help you to get the best returns from your online content. Contact us now at 888-646-8003 or send us an email to find out more.