Tips to Get Started on Your E-Book
If you want to switch things up in your content marketing strategy this year, consider publishing an e-book. You can provide a fantastic resource for customers and show off the expertise your company has to offer. The length or word count is up to you – consider your audience and be realistic about your internal or external resources – but the book itself should have a clear function.
Thinking about making your first foray into e-books? Use these five essential tips to get started:
- Keep It Narrow: It may sound contradictory, but your e-book topic needs to be narrow enough to provide detail on the subject matter! Don’t get stuck trying to cover everything. Pick a topic or issue that is manageable and break it up into logically structured chapters to provide a deeper dive.
- Think Long-Term: The nature of online publishing makes it outdated quickly. Choosing a topic that is very ‘now’ can earn you a lot of hits this week, but may make your e-book a useless publication to reference within a few months. Think long-term with this format so that your efforts can provide value and make an impact for the foreseeable future.
- Be Concise: Make sure you have enough to say about the topic before committing to an e-book. If the material is better suited to a blog post or article, let it shine that way! Your e-book needs to be meaty enough to warrant the content form but still provide information that is concise, easy to skim and valuable.
- Define a Purpose: Writing an e-book for the sake of it will probably result in an ineffective and disorganized publication. Determine what the outcome of the e-book should be. Do you want to sell something or establish authority in your industry? Should it increase website traffic or qualify leads and convert? Whatever your goals are, make sure they are clear and write your e-book with purpose.
- Don’t Forget Format: The quality copywriting and relevance of content is what will give your e-book weight and value. The package will make it accessible, give it legitimacy, and improve the reader’s user experience. Consider getting help from a designer and make your e-book available as a PDF, ePub and/or Mobi file so that readers can conveniently access it on their chosen device.
MintCopy is excited to announce the launch of our “Mini E-Book Series on Content Marketing”! Watch out for your Valentine’s Day gift from our team to yours: tips, tricks and best practices for improving your digital marketing content.
Want to improve your content or produce an e-book for your company? If you need professional copywriting for the best digital marketing results, call MintCopy. We provide web content that converts. Give us a call at 888-646-8003 or send us an email.