Effective Content Marketing for Schools and Educational Institutions
The internet is allowing educational institutions to reach more people with programs and opportunities than ever thought possible. Parents and prospective students are looking to well-crafted content for the information they need to make some of the most important decisions in their lives. Education matters and creating content that reflects that is important.
Content marketing is designed to share a message and engage an audience using valuable, solution-centered information. Good content goes beyond the standard marketing tools and builds a real relationship with parents and students who need help choosing the best educational options available.
Content Marketing Increases Visibility for Educational Institutions
Content designed for educational institutions can increase visibility and help programs become more accessible to the people who need them the most. A good education is priceless, and everyone deserves to find a school that works for them. Written and multimedia content can connect the right audience with the right educational opportunities. The following guidelines can help:
- Know Your Audience: The level of education, programs, degrees, and certifications available will determine the type of consumers that the content needs to reach. Identify your target market and use content that speaks to their situations and possible educational goals.
- Don’t Just Advertise: Copywriting is a great way to tell people how wonderful your programs are, but consumers respond better to valuable information. They want to learn something from your content. This also gives educational institutions an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in relevant areas.
- Create Content with a Purpose: Deciding what the content should accomplish can help direct the topic, tone, and style for your school’s online content.
- Engage the Audience: Encourage responses and write or create content that prompts the audience to take action. This is more than just a “call to action”; it needs to inspire them to make changes and to consider your educational programs an asset.
- Use Infographics: Real data is hard to argue with. Designing infographics that prove the importance of educational opportunities can offer a visual representation of the benefits.
- Use Content to Take Students through the Process: Signing up for a diploma or degree program can be intimidating and students easily feel overwhelmed. Crafting reassuring content that takes students through the entire process can make it more accessible and encourages follow-through.
- Testimonials are Powerful: Whether the program focuses on K-12 or higher education, it’s the results that matter. Using the stories of former parents and students can help build trust with consumers and instill confidence in the educational institution.
- Education is a Relationship: When a student starts an educational program, they are in it for the long-haul. Allow the content on the institution’s website to reflect the quality of that relationship by being transparent and giving consumers plenty of ways to contact school officials. Be prepared to answer questions using any means necessary.
Building an educational institution’s online presence through content marketing has become one of the most valuable ways to reach prospective students. Working with the professionals at MintCopy can help to maximize this value; making educational opportunities more accessible through targeted content strategies.
We can help your school, college or university build a powerful and endearing online presence with useful, share-worthy, informative content. Use our online form to get in touch today. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter to stay updated on the latest content marketing trends.