Start Seeing Results from Your Digital Marketing Efforts
Marketing is not an exact science – thus the basis of its appeal for many who choose the marketing industry as a career path!
Unfortunately, it also means that there is no right or wrong, black and white solution to new marketing efforts. We’ve all faced burn out at one time or another but it seems very common among companies that are making their first foray into content marketing. If you have plunged deep into content marketing efforts for 6 months to a year and are beginning to feel the effects of doubt, burn out, or frustration, it may be time to realign and adjust your approach.
A recent Online SEMrush Meetup uncovered the following 5 tips for getting the most out of your content marketing, rather than just producing the most content:
- Make It Useful – Shift your focus to “make customers more informed before they buy.” Educate and ask yourself why your audience cares—do this before you push forward with posts, Tweets, or other content.
- No Selling – Don’t do it! Rather than follow the path of traditional media and advertising that encourages mindless consumption through forced exposure to advertisements, content marketing is about a willing and valuable exchange. Subvert traditional media and make your company stand out by establishing goodwill and creating distinctly valuable resources for your audience.
- Take Ownership – Outsourcing is useful but cannot fully substitute your own team’s subject matter experts, especially with give-and-take, constant connections that occur on social media platforms. If you need to work with a copywriting agency in Canada, be prepared to create a solid brief and include any expert knowledge or research your writer will need to create accurate content.
- Champion content internally – Your team members should be your biggest fans and active cheerleaders. Support internal efforts, celebrate milestones, and spread the word within your own walls about marketing efforts.
- Thump It – The “thump strategy” involves creating an agile marketing strategy that is constantly edited, iterated, and improved. Change on the fly, enhance your strategy, and encourage success with a more hands-on, living and breathing document that doesn’t become stagnant, outdated, or forgotten. Keep your content fresh instead of being loyal to a plan that may no longer apply in a few weeks.
Still need help handling the volume? Connect with the best content writers and SEO copywriting professionals at MintCopy for lead generation and content marketing. We can provide website content, press releases, and SEO writing services for various platforms.
Call us today at 888-646-8003 or email us to find out more about smart, successful content writing services in Toronto.