Content drives the internet, whether it’s a customer searching for information or a search engine that ranks pages. Every day, there are billions of new blogs, eBooks, infographics and videos uploaded to the internet. To stand out amid the noise, your content must be relevant to the user, well written and polished, and have a purpose. Quality content doesn’t just happen. It takes planning and research. And you need a quality creator, the right writer.
What Is Quality Content?
To understand how to find the right writer for quality content, you need to understand what parameters qualify the value of content. Search Engine Journal defines quality content as “content that achieves its marketing goal.” Quality content ranks well because users are reading and sharing it. Quality content increases brand awareness and converts readers into customers. At its core, quality content is an asset in your digital marketing strategy because it’s working for you.
How Do You Find the Right Writer?
Writers are a dime a dozen, but not all writers know how to create quality content. You may even want a different writer to create blog posts than the one who writes case studies, because the styles are not similar. Industry expertise can be important for highly technical content, but in general, you want a content writer who writes well and draws in the user. Where can you find that paragon? Although there are many ways to find good writers, such as writer job boards, referrals or freelancing platforms, you may have to sort through dozens of writers before finding one you can work with. Working with an established and experienced content agency gives you access to many different writers and content creators to produce quality content that gets results.
Quality Content is the Goal, Skilled Copywriters are the Medium
Having a great writer is only one part of the equation in creating great content. You also need substance. The best writers need your help creating content because you know your customer, your industry and your brand. Set up your content writers for success:
- Help your writer understand your customer. Content is written for the audience. Writers need to know who they are writing for before they can nail the right tone and style.
- Give your writers ideas that are relevant in your industry. Partner with your writer to get higher quality content.
- Don’t rush content creation. Plan ahead for seasonal content so that writers aren’t focused on deadlines instead of creativity.
- Invest in a style guide. This keeps your brand and content strategy structured across many platforms. Even though the content may be published across different platforms and media, you want consistency.
- Use analytics to determine what content performs well. Let writers in on your analytics to help them get better at creating content that works.
Creating content just because everyone else is doing it won’t result in high quality content. Invest in quality content by working with the MintCopy team of marketing specialists, SEO writers and editors. We work hard to create content that engages your audience to build your brand. Contact us today for more information.