Dos and Don'ts for Content Marketers
Creating interesting content serves to attract more followers and expand your customer base. However, once you craft copy or other material that may resonate with your users, you must market it so that people can find it. This is why successful marketing is just as vital as good copywriting.
In order to reach more individuals and drive home your message, be sure to avoid some of the common perils that plague many content marketers. Even the experts can be susceptible to committing these errors on occasion, so do not be disappointed if you discover that you have done the same. Once you are aware of the Dos and Don'ts, you can implement this knowledge in the future.
Mistakes to Avoid and What to do Instead
The next time you write content for your website or social media pages, keep the following in mind:
- Don't: Produce Irrelevant Content – If you are under the impression that all content is useful, you have likely been misinformed by other marketers who have utilized the same approach. If the information you provide does not serve your readers, publishing massive amounts of copy will not help your cause. In fact, such material will be more likely to repel or confuse visitors, as well as prevent them from returning.
- Do: Remain Focused on Quality – Think about what your customers want to read, and work to offer that instead of “fluff”. You should provide a consistent stream of content, but you would be better off publishing less often if you have time limitations. Another option is to hire a professional copywriting team to produce quality content. This is an efficient strategy when you need to update your online content and cannot do it yourself.
- Don't: Post “Spammy” Links on Social Media – Many online users do not appreciate posts or links that are obviously shameless plugs for another marketer. One example of this is when content marketers comment below YouTube videos with the clear intention of including irrelevant links.
- Do: Offer Shareable Content – If you want to establish a sense of trust in your visitors, give them information they can actually put into practice. The more useful your material is, the more your followers will want to share it with others. If you do not know what might be considered useful to your customer base, look at their conversations on social media. You can narrow your search by entering keywords that are related to your industry.
- Don't: Fail to Perform Analytics – You cannot meet the needs of your audience if you do not know who they are and what they want. Do not rely only on your perception of your target demographics. You should be performing routine analytics via Google or similar alternatives.
- Do: Implement the Results of Your Analysis – After you have utilized an analytics program, take a look at the results. Are people leaving your website quickly after they arrive? The problem could be outdated content or marketing techniques (such as keyword stuffing). Did one of your blog posts sustain an unusually high number of visits? If so, be sure to publish it across your social media channels and other online pages.
You cannot always predict content marketing trends, but you can avoid classic pitfalls and replace them with proven methods of success. By posting quality, shareable material and analyzing user statistics, you could experience better results from your marketing efforts.
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, MintCopy offers a team of top-notch copywriters serving clients across North America and beyond. Call us at 1-888-646-8003 to discuss your content marketing requirements or email us for more details. We also have an online contact form for your convenience – get in touch today.