Prioritize and Maximize Impact
Digital marketing can end up a lot like a company’s Pinterest project: a lot of initial excitement that ends up looking much different than the original goal or, worse still, incomplete and forgotten!
Don’t let your digital marketing strategy become a failed mission. Investing a few hours to get a content marketing strategy under your feet is the best way to start. A sound plan will ensure you can build ongoing audience engagement by offering a stream of relevant content and create a strong pipeline for marketing and sales.
If you are unsure of where to start, consider this helpful Content Marketing Pyramid from Curata. The five levels of content will help you prioritize your initial plan, while keeping it realistic and focused. Read the full report to use the pyramid and build your strategy, or get an overview of the five levels from the ground up:
- Social Media Posts and Curated Content: This is a great base for your content marketing since it will be the most frequent, lowest effort, and most spontaneous. Even though it’s done quickly, ensure copywriting is clean and your tone is consistent across channels. Publish often without oversaturating your communication platforms, and ensure your posts remain relevant. Posting for the sake of filling a ‘quota’ won’t help you or your audience.
- Short-Form Blog Posts & Contributed Content: Showcase your expertise in these weekly or bi-weekly content pieces. With an understanding of what your audience is responding to on social media, you can build on topics, themes and interests that have the highest impact and relevance. Not sure how to build audience engagement? Download our mini e-book: “Maximizing Audience Engagement” – click on the image in this link.
- Infographics & SlideShares: Providing people with quick, snappy, and helpful access to information is what great content is all about. Infographics and SlideShares can help position your company as an expert with bi-weekly or monthly content that is aesthetic and useful.
- Long-Form Blog Posts & Presentations: Once you have a handle on the content types listed above, you can repurpose information from popular posts or dive deeper into topics that have sparked interest from your audience. Making presentations available and focusing on building out ideas and concepts in detail will further demonstrate your knowledge of the industry.
- Primary/Secondary Research & Thought Leadership: This is the tip of the iceberg, and it’s where you want to end up in the future if you are just beginning your content marketing journey. If you’ve been in the game for some time, it may be time to enter this domain. Positioning yourself as a resource creator rather than just a gatherer will make a big impact on the way your customers and associates perceive you.
Need assistance developing digital content? MintCopy Inc. offers a range of marketing content services to bring your content strategy to the next level. Whether you are just entering social media or would like to publish your first e-book, our marketing experts can provide clean, SEO-friendly copywriting and digital content. Call us at 888-646-8003 or send us an email