There are many companies that do not have an in-house writer. Creating content for a text-based world can seem scary without that seemingly vital resource. Even if you outsource content creation to an agency or hire content writers and copywriters, you still need to be involved in providing the required input and direction. However, it is no longer a world where content only revolves around words. Although strong copywriters should always form part of your marketing arsenal, you should also consider other types of content that goes beyond simply words.
Here are 10 types of content your audience will love and you don’t need to write it!
- Podcasts – Audio is just as efficient at passing on a message as well-written copy. Podcasts are especially useful if you can bring in contributors who may be high-profile, ground-breaking in their opinions, or simply a different voice from that which your audience is accustomed to hearing all the time.
- Video – Learn from YouTube’s success. No Hollywood skills required! Just point and shoot a smartphone to see what you can create to drive home your key messages. Test, monitor, evaluate and go viral!
- Presentations – There is no need for death by PowerPoint. Many people can absorb facts from a simple presentation, and sites such as SlideShare or Scribd make the sharing easy.
- Interviews – This is basic—human beings love hearing stories. Interview a member of staff, your designer, your sales person on the floor, a customer, even a supplier or associate.
- Word clouds – Get creative. Write your messages in a simple word cloud using graphical text. You just can’t beat this effective, quick and simple mechanism to share a message.
- Images – Over 60% of the human race learns more effectively from images than text. Use stock pictures you have purchased to share your thoughts.
- Infographics – It may be a fairly new word, but it’s not a new concept. In the days when a majority of school teachers still used a blackboard and chalk, hand-drawn Infographics were an essential component of teaching tools. Infographics are an excellent mechanism for passing on information in an easy to understand format.
- Products – Your products speak for you too! Hold them up to highlight their features and benefits for your customers. Don´t lose them behind boring ads and long-winded spec sheets.
- Promotional Giveaways – Give something away to drive your marketing message home. It works. Remarkably quickly too if your giveaway is a real winning deal!
- Mobile Apps – Everyone loves a great app; especially if it does something useful. Build it, promote it and get your customers to start using it. The amount of user-generated and word-of-mouth branding you can create will be phenomenal.
Struggling with content marketing? Don’t have the resources for ongoing content creation? Call us at 888-646-8003 or send us an email. And don’t forget to try these non-text based content tools!