Bargain Basement Content Won’t Build Your Brand
Content marketing is the most effective way to cultivate your brand on the internet. Good content has the power to bypass borders and reach consumers from all over the world. The key term here is “good content.”
All too often, business owners are in such a hurry to see their brand splayed across the digital marketplace that they settle for inferior writing and poorly designed content. Many hire entry level freelance writers who will work for pennies churning out written material that falls short of professional expectations. The popularity of content marketing has created a digital gold rush, creating a slew of freelance platforms and content companies that may not be up to par.
Never Use Content that Doesn’t Represent the Spirit of Your Brand
When it comes to the representation of your brand, you have the right to be picky. Business is built on a foundation of competitive insight and market intuition. Quality content does more than just populate the website. It provides a bridge between the target audience and the company. In essence, blogs are a way for your business to have an ongoing conversation with your audience and copy is their personal introduction to your products.
Most entrepreneurs wouldn’t walk on the sales floor and start yelling nonsense at potential customers. Accepting poorly written content can have the same effect. Before choosing to work with a content marketing agency or individual, you should consider the following:
- Experience: Look for an agency led by an industry veteran with years of experience in the field of digital marketing. They should have a working portfolio or professional references and testimonials showcasing their competence.
- Education: If you wouldn’t hire a person with anything less than a bachelor’s degree to work at your company, you should consider these same standards when hiring a content agency.
- Professionalism: It’s acceptable to have a casual dialogue with the person that you’re working with, but they should be able to maintain a professional tone in the face of criticism. Every writer will be asked to do a rewrite or told from time to time that their work needs to be edited, and this shouldn’t be a tense exchange.
- Accuracy: A professional content marketing agency will be able to follow directions and write to your specifications. The work will be both grammatically and factually accurate and fall in line with the needs of your brand.
- Punctuality: Deadlines matter. There should always be a clear line of communication between your company and the content agency, and work should always be delivered within a reasonable and agreed upon timeframe.
Well-written Content is an Investment that Delivers Ongoing ROI
Well-written content can jumpstart an internal consumer dialogue, improve approachability, and build a relationship between your brand and its target market. Not only does it need to convey the necessary information, it also needs to do it in a way that is easily digestible and appealing.
Some businesses become so concerned with constantly updating and putting out new content that they end up sacrificing quality for quantity. This is an unfortunate cycle that results in poor ROI and ultimately drives sales down.
Stand Up for Your Brand and Choose a Professional Content Marketing Agency
Most business owners put their heart and soul into the creation of their products and the development of their brand. MintCopy understands that entrepreneurial passion and makes it our business to represent yours.
Contact our experienced team of content writers today by calling 1-888-646-8003 or email us for more information.