Creating viral content takes more than flashy photos and some creative words. When your copywriters create that share-worthy piece of content, your website, blog or social media page could really take off. If you are looking for ways to boost content sharing for your website and other digital content channels, here are a few things you should try.
Elements of Share-Worthy Content
Bland, boring and been-there-done-that type of content just won’t work. Viral content has to be mind-blowing, rule-breaking and engaging. It does not have to be controversial, but it can be if your brand takes a strong stand on a subject. It must not offend anyone, but it does need to get others thinking.
Key elements that characterize share-worthy content:
- It is a powerful story. Your audience must feel as though they are there with you, sharing your brand experiences and living the emotions you are trying to evoke. It could be the youngest user of your product or service, or even the oldest, and how your brand has influenced their life. Keep it subtle, though! Also think of the motivational speeches by CEOs, thought leaders, think tanks and innovators.
- It is not all about your company and how great it is. Instead you show off your unique position in the industry and your authority through creativity, not a bulleted list of your company’rsquo;s benefits and perks.
- Your content offers the unexpected. An element of surprise is always appreciated by online audiences, as many of them are plain bored of reading the same old, same old.
- You leverage what others are craving to be on social media. Individuals that want to look witty, funny and smart. You give them the content they need to share and appear to be all of those things. In essence, you want your audience to think, “I’m going to share this company’s content because it makes me look good.”
- You just ask for it! Request your audience to share your content within their social media circles. It is not taboo—but be nice about it and give them a compelling reason to share. A reader should be able to easily say to a friend or co-worker, “You’re gonna love this—check it out!”
For more ways to boost your social shares and increase your brand’s online following, talk to the team at MintCopy. Give us a call today at 888-646-8003 or send us an email.