It’s a fact that informative and educational content can give your audience a great ‘take away’ and keep them coming back for more. The problem is that educational content can often fall flat, become stale quickly and might only apply to a small group of people. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Let’s go back to school for a quick lesson in educational content marketing.
- Keep it lighthearted if you can - think back to the best teachers you had at school. The chances are they had a unique method of teaching and they had a sense of humour. If it is possible, and it is with most educational content, keep it a little lighthearted.
- Get their hands dirty - is there any way you can make your content interactive? For example, can you give your audience instructions on how to fix a daily problem or how to approach a particular issue they might be experiencing? Throw in some quiz questions, ask them to answer a survey or give them some homework.
- Try not to be too predictable - try to throw your audience a few curve balls with your content. Give them information that is going to shock or surprise or statistics that are fresh off the press.
- Send them on a field trip - remember how exciting school field trips used to be? Give your audience a new book to read, a video to watch or other markers within your content that will take them on a learning journey.
- Don’t make learning stressful - we all have enough stress in our lives. Don’t make your content another source of stress - for you or your audience. If you have a tricky subject to broach, do it gently and in language your audience can understand easily.
At MintCopy, we are constantly learning about the world of content marketing and understand the art of keeping your audience entertained and interested. Contact us now at 888-646-8003 or send us an email to find out more about getting your educational content right.