Compel Your Readers to Stay on the Page
We have discussed it here previously, and it is an issue that will always require attention for some businesses: How do you create thought-provoking content if you work in an industry that is “boring?” Whether you run an HVAC company, an insurance agency, or an accounting firm, you truly can devise copy that compels readers to visit your site repeatedly.
How to Build Blog Posts and Other Material that Your Audience Will Love
Before you begin to craft content for your blog or other web pages, keep these details in mind:
- There for a Reason: If your visitors were not interested in your business, they would not likely have landed on your website. Readers are there for a reason: to learn more about topics that pertain to your industry.
- Tell a Story: No subject is tedious unless it is presented as such. Remember to tell a story when you are constructing a blog post, web page, newsletter, or press release. As a leading digital marketing influencer points out, if you can describe a story from “real life,” the material should take on a tone of authenticity that resonates with your readers.
- Readability: Do not underestimate the importance of presentation. The format in which your copy is displayed can have a significant effect on whether people stay on the page. Instead of composing long, unwieldy sentences in big blocks of text, break it up a bit. By utilizing content writing tools such as section headers, lists, and bullet points, you can make your web writing more readable.
Topics that Appeal to Your Visitors
Before you can hold the attention of your readers with your copywriting skills, you must first arouse their curiosity with topics and titles. Instead of offering predictable copy about common industry subjects, approach each post from a unique angle. Consider the following examples of article topics/titles for “boring” businesses:
- (HVAC Company) – How to Save Hundreds of Dollars on Your Heating and Cooling Bills
- (Insurance Agency) – 10 Insider Secrets About Car Insurance
- (Accounting Firm) – Accounting Tips and Tricks You Cannot Live Without
- (Software Business) – Software that Will Change Your Life
- (File Storage Platform) – How the Cloud Can Transform the Way You Do Business
We know that copywriting for your business can seem boring, especially if your industry is not a particularly exciting one. However, you can create intriguing content if you allow your creativity to flow.
We know that not everyone has the time or skill set to devise copy that captivates. MintCopy offers a team of content writers who can perform this task for you. Call us at 1-888-646-8003, or email us for more information. Also, please feel free to use our online contact form.