Does your copy have personality? Is it fun and friendly? Is it corporate and professional? Or is your copy a little confused and in need of finding itself? Well, we can’t send your content on a mission of self-discovery, but we can explain why personality is important when defining your content strategy online.
Why It’s So Important To Get Your Content Personality Right
Your content says a lot about your business. The tone of your copy reflects how you do business, how you treat customers and how you want to be perceived. The perfect content is that which appeals instantly to the target audience and which draws them in and entices them to carry on reading. Let’s take a look at some of the ways you can nail your website’s personality.
- Consider your audience - this is the most important task of all. Is your audience looking for a warm and fuzzy experience or are they looking for professional advice or assistance that they can trust?
- Give your audience something for nothing - by giving your visitors lots of useful advice, written in your own unique style, you automatically create a personality. By using consistent blog templates, familiar fonts and the same content style, you make your readers feel at home and comfortable with your website.
- Use the same SEO writers - it takes a little while for a writer to really get to know the personality of a website. For continuity and quality’s sake, it makes sense to use the same writer or SEO content writing team if you can.
- Be consistent across all platforms - define your writing style and tone and stick with it across all platforms - your website, your blog and your social media posts for example.
- Don’t be afraid to be different - brands like Apple dared to be a little different and it has really worked out well for them. It must have been a gamble at the time, but you can see how being a little quirky, refreshingly unique and totally professional can pay off.
Let us help you to define the perfect personality for your website with content that “speaks” to your audience. Connect with MintCopy today. Call us now at 888-646-8003 or send us an email to find out more.