But Your Audience is Looking for Value!
Events can be a great way to promote your brand but getting people’s attention in the current landscape can be difficult. Start with an extensive content marketing plan that entices your audience to attend your event because they see VALUE in it. Here are useful content tips for event marketing.
Start Early by Setting Goals
It’s been said before, “if you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” Let your copywriters know the goals and how you’re measuring your ROI. Start promoting your event long before the actual day because it can take multiple views for someone to get excited about your event. It can also take time for SEO bots to index your event in online search.
Vary Your Pre-Event Content
Content is more than your blog or a webpage. It’s an umbrella term that covers a wide range of options, from videos, whitepapers, social media posts, case studies, and more. Create anticipation and excitement about your event by utilizing different types of content that resonate with different categories of potential attendees. Think like someone who may be attending your event and what might encourage that individual to attend.
Know Your Audience
You can’t market to people today without understanding their demographics and pain points. When you’re hosting a live event, you need to get your customer’s attention, before they get to your event. Who are you targeting? Create customer personas to help you with copywriting and generating content that appeals to the right audience.
Think Informational, Not Promotional
Your content must be relevant for someone to pay attention. To get your audience to notice your event, you need to make the content valuable for the reader.
- Ask speakers to create content for pre-event sharing. Get speakers to share content with their audience to garner attention for your event.
- Create content that helps your audience know what to expect at the event. Give them a reason that meets their needs, not yours.
- Share testimonials from past attendees.
- Offer discounted early bird registration or add-ons to registration that boost the overall experience.
- Exclusive access to private workshops, tastings, or celebrity meetings
- Swag bags
- Networking opportunities with VIPs, etc.
Get a Head Start with a Content Agency
Events are a great way to showcase your brand, but your visitors need to know that your event is worth their time. Ask our content agency about providing relevant content for an amped up content strategy to promote your event. We can help you reach your goals. Contact MintCopy to get started.