Top 10 Items to Check off Your List in December
As you begin to wrap up 2017 and ready your website for the year ahead, make some time to perform an SEO audit of your web pages. You do not have to make a great number of changes right now, but you should at least know what to modify during the holidays.
Providing useful, optimized content is an ongoing process. The internet changes continuously, new algorithms are introduced, and user trends are fluid. This means that your copywriting and other details must always adapt to remain relevant.
Holiday Checklist for Content Marketing Success this Season
Refer to the following SEO checklist for the holidays:
- Web Pages – Do your website pages reflect your current holiday hours and sales promotions? Such details should be apparent on every page of your website.
- Load Time – If the load time on your site is too slow, people will quickly lose interest in your content.
- Down Time – An inexpensive hosting site may seem like a good way to save money. Unfortunately, too much down time for your website could lead customers to your competitors. By investing in quality hosting services, you could experience higher profits this season.
- Mobile – Your web pages should already be optimized for mobile devices. Test them on your own devices to ensure that they are still mobile-responsive and load quickly.
- Value-driven Content – Useful content is never out of season. The holidays are hectic and fast-paced, and shoppers do not have much time to spare. Providing content that is interesting and relevant will help to increase conversions.
- Timely Keywords – Make sure that your keywords reflect both your industry and the season. Also, abstain from “keyword-stuffing” (adding too many keywords to a page or blog post). Instead, use a few long-tail key phrases to draw traffic. A quick way to find these is to type a few words in your Google search box. Take your cue from the suggested phrases that appear in the drop-down box. Use them sparingly.
- Analytics – Analyze your traffic to discover where people go on your website and how long they stay there. Then, tailor your holiday marketing according to your findings. If you analyzed your holiday traffic last year, include that data in your strategy.
- User Testing – Perform some accelerated A/B testing to see which pages and marketing strategies resonate with your customers. Ditch the tactics that are getting little response, and expand on the ones that are yielding conversions.
- Seasonal Landing Page – This page will display your holiday promotions in one place. Be sure to optimize this page with hyperlinks to other pages on your site that holiday shoppers may find helpful.
- Checklist for Customers – Create a list for customers to refer to throughout the season. You might offer this holiday checklist via an infographic. You can describe every sale you plan to offer in order of their dates and times. This will help to instill a sense of urgency.
The holidays are upon us! Is your website suitably optimized for the season? If you do not have the time to provide the content you need, MintCopy provides stellar copywriting to meet your needs.
Ready to take your content writing to a new level? MintCopy can help. Call us at 1-888-6468-003, or email us for more details. Also, please feel free to complete our online contact form.