Crafting Quality, Conversion Driven Landing Pages
For new content marketers, SEO can feel like rocket science. While it is a science, it doesn’t require a PhD to understand and master. A key metric of success with SEO content is conversion. Understanding the science behind conversion, and how to leverage more of it, can help marketers succeed with their brands online.
The most important element of conversion is the landing page. A landing page is the first page a visitor ‘lands’ on when they click on a Google search result or an ad. The best landing pages are precise and simple. Their simplicity makes them “the best option” to increase your search engine conversion rates and lower your ad costs.1 In a digital world where readers have little time and lots of information, a landing page can be the difference between a glance and a thorough read.
Stick It to the Land!
When it comes to their brands’ landing pages, marketers can earn some brownie points by giving their writers or content agency a proper copywriting brief. According to Unbound Brand Marketing, keeping the following tips in mind can help marketers identify and incorporate successful landing pages into their digital strategy.2
- Ready, Set, Goal: What’s the goal of your page? From awareness to lead generation, knowing your desired outcome will help you craft the different cues on your page.
- Map the Journey: Seeing your page through your consumer’s eyes will help you identify blind spots and errors on your page. By mapping their journey, you ensure that your audience interacts with the site the way you’d want them to.
- Craft the Copy: A compelling headline and concise, persuasive copy can help your audience feel inclined to interact with your landing page. Whether it’s reading more or clicking to the next step, having supportive, compelling content encourages readers to stay on your site.
- Trim the Fat: Everything on your landing page should connect back to your clear, uncluttered message. By removing unnecessary text or visual aids, you allow the core message to be highlighted loud and clear.
- Mobile Friendly: Most users access information online through their mobile phones. Yet, making a mobile friendly landing page is a frequently forgotten aspect of content marketing. Make sure your site is easy, clear, and user-friendly - even in the palm of your hand.
The next step is taking your page live and letting the conversions roll in. However, your work here isn’t done. It’s important to frequently review your goals as a brand and make sure your digital presence paves a clear path towards achieving those goals.
If you’re struggling to stay connected with the latest trends, we at MintCopy are here to help. From our offices in Mississauga, Canada, we’re a team of dedicated copywriters and digital strategists with a passion for SEO.
Use our online form to get in touch today. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to stay updated on the latest content marketing trends.