Digital marketing has opened many doors for marketers to get creative and closer to their audiences. They have also allowed the floodgates to open when marketers have made mistakes or created content that assumes or oversteps its boundaries. Work with the best content writers in Canada to inspire shares and ‘Likes’ rather than annoyance and backlash from hitting the ‘Share’ button too hastily.
Follow these guiding principles to avoid making assumptions about your customers, their beliefs, identities and needs. The Content Marketing Institute recommends these considerations to create more inclusive and responsible content today:
- Get to Know Your Users: Data can provide insights but qualitative interviews are where you’ll really learn to speak directly to your audience, their concerns and priorities.
- Leave Your Ego Behind: People will respect your brand, product or services more if the human voice behind them can own up to mistakes, grow with new knowledge, and adapt to changes.
- Forget False Categories: Not every part of your business, audience or content needs to be segregated, defined and divided. Categories don’t always work to your advantage, especially if you are communicating very differently to different people or trying to force them into an identity.
- Embrace Complexity: Simplification can be helpful for streamlining your internal processes and efforts, but when it comes to external content, complexity should not be feared or eliminated. The people you are speaking to are nuanced and unique. Don’t boil down their experiences into one big melting pot, or oversimplify.
- Know Your Boundaries: Understand how your audience relates to your brand. Don’t try to be everything to everyone. Forget offering heavy-handed advice, political statements or racy humour if it isn’t practiced and compassionate.
Start producing content that includes instead of content that assumes. For compassionate, researched and inclusive content, hire the best SEO copywriters in Toronto. Working with a leading copywriting agency in Mississauga ensures that your publications will resonate instead of infuriate. Get to the heart of your audience with the leading copywriting agency in Mississauga. MintCopy offers SEO content services to companies across Canada.
Call us at 888-646-8003 today to learn more about online lead generation and content marketing. You can also send us an email to get started and publish quality marketing content for your business in Toronto.