Most of us can agree that it’s never a good idea to place all our eggs in one basket. The same concept applies to content marketing. The Google algorithm may determine new SEO standards, but it isn’t the only avenue to improve your online traffic. Getting those numbers up requires a more varied approach to producing content, and this means stepping outside the sphere of Google.
A savvy business owner or marketing professional understands that reaching their target audience is about more than just creating a product that they’ll want. It’s also about putting that product in front of the right people. There are plenty of strategies that circumvent Google and can be effective in their own right.
Diversify to Attract Online Traffic
Focusing all your time and attention on following Google guidelines could be distracting you from other methods that can help to diversify your content marketing tactics. Sometimes, engaging your audience can literally mean exchanging new ideas online in response to inquiries or comments. Taking a personal interest in driving traffic to your website can help you build your brand while increasing your online presence.
Studies show that only around 40% of your lead referrals are generated by popular search engines. This leaves roughly 60% to be drummed up using other means. These can include:
- Social media engagement: Using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and niche sites is a great way to reach people and drive them towards your website. Everyone, from the very old to the very young, have become acquainted with some sort of social media. There’s no better (or cheaper) way to create interest than to create a viral piece of media that links back to your site. People can share your advertisements and spread your brand awareness with only minimal engagement on your part.
- Blogging: This is an informal writing style that allows you to speak directly to your audience using your own voice and tone. Most blog posts are written to contain information relevant or related to your product. They can outline issues that need to be solved and promote a solution (in the form of your website). Guest blogging and posting on public platforms can further your cause. Just make sure to post frequently and with new and valuable information.
- Reddit: Reddit threads may seem like a really informal forum, and this is true—but people flock to this site as a place where they can see honest reviews and opinions. It’s like the Wild West of content marketing, and it can be a lot of fun to engage members of your target audience here.
There are plenty of other sites like Quora and Just Answer, but you’ll need to come up with a strategy that puts your content front and centre. The professionals at MintCopy have over a decade of experience in content marketing strategy and know how to engage your audience at every level.
Use our online form to get in touch today. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter for the latest content marketing trends, tips, tricks and techniques.