Optimize Team Effectiveness for Content Marketing Success
Conventionally, the 5 Ps of marketing were critical for the success of any business. In the digital era, not all 5 might apply, but the one that always will, is ‘Promotion’. And there’s no better way to fulfill this essential step than with content. As a marketer, your content strategy needs a dedicated approach, much like any other activity that is part of your business. Having a structured team with specific roles and functions will keep everyone on task with their own responsibilities. Even if you have to carry the heavy load, when you’re aware of the different roles involved, it can help you develop your content marketing strategy and plan accordingly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities in Your Content Team
Just as every department within your organization has dedicated members that each know their job, your content team needs the same focus. These roles can be outlined as:
- Director of Content Marketing - responsible for the overall mission of the content team. This position makes sure that all efforts are consistent to the brand and suitable for the target audience. The director is the liaison between the team and the executive leadership.
- Content Strategy Director - this role may be involved in UI/UX and persona development, as well as the governance and workflow of content.
- Managing Editor - a role that focuses on the day-to-day operations; from guidelines to planning, processes and quality of content.
- Creative Director - responsible for the vision and how things look in the final cut.
- Audience Development Manager - someone needs to manage your audience and subscribers to get insight into which segment of customers will respond to which programs. This role looks at the audience as a business asset and finds ways to maximize its value.
- Technical Content Manager - a role that understands the technology needed to manage and operate your content strategy. This is the person who liaises with the software and hardware to implement the content plan and related processes.
- Influencer Outreach - this team member works with influencers to promote content.
In large organizations, each role might be quite specialized. In smaller organizations, the roles may overlap. A content agency can fill in the blanks to prevent something from being overlooked.
Teamwork in Content Marketing Delivers ROI
Content marketing today, must be a dedicated function of your business. Assembling the right team for your business will help you see more success with social media, search engine optimization, and with your overall digital marketing. Thus, making sure your marketing efforts get the most for your budget.
Feeling stretched thin? Need help filling the roles within your content team? Add the dedicated marketing experts with MintCopy to your roster to boost your SEO efforts. We have SEO writers and content specialists who can help you build and create your SEO strategy for skilful implementation and measurable results.
Use our online form to get in touch. You can also follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to stay up-to-date with the latest content marketing trends.