It’s harder to come up with a solution if you haven’t taken the time to properly identify a problem. This is what content auditing is all about. When you take the time to perform a complete audit of your website content—or hire experienced Toronto copywriters to do so—you’re looking for weak spots. Finding these allows you to come up with a content marketing strategy for improving the overall balance, readability, and value of your website with trusted services from experienced SEO writers.
The digital era means using words and media to communicate, and if your content doesn’t speak to your target audience—you have a problem.
What to Look for When Auditing Your Content
There are several areas that represent common problems with content, including:
- Intent and Clarity: Tell the consumer what you want from them. It’s that simple. This means including frequent “calls to action” and information that they don’t have to dig for. Make pricing and products/services clear and easy to access. Straightforward communication helps your target audience achieve a faster decision and makes it easier to communicate with your company.
- One Trick Ponies: Having too much content dedicated to only one part of the consumer’s experience is a huge mistake. The goal of your website may be to generate business, but sales can’t be the only focus. Content with value at every stage of the process generates repeat interactions and improves your retention rate.
- Assuming that Everyone Understands Your Industry: If all your digital content is full of technical jargon or industry specific terms, you are losing readership, and thereby, potential business. Unless you are crafting B2B content for people with exactly the same level of knowledge as your company, this isn’t appropriate. Make content easily accessible by spelling out acronyms and explaining concepts important to the topic. This allows your target audience to relate to the content, gain more value from it, and feel more inclined to share it.
- Organizational Issues: Content shouldn’t randomly jump from one topic or part of the consumer’s journey to another. It needs to smoothly lead the target audience through the sales funnel while providing them with valuable information along the way. Moving too quickly can make the information difficult to follow. Likewise, moving too slowly can cause readers to lose interest. Make sure that your website and blog content is created with clarity and intent in mind.
- Linking: Using hyperlinks to add credibility to content is a great idea—when the external websites are trustworthy. Always make sure that you’re pulling information from respected and well-researched sources.
If you find yourself struggling with your content audit, MintCopy can help. We have a team of SEO writers and copywriters that can help you improve content and increase consumer engagement. Count on our advice to design and implement a strategy that can
take your content to the next level. Let us put well over a decade of experience to work for you!
Use our online form to get in touch today. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter to stay updated on the latest content marketing trends.