Optimizing Your Website Content to Reach Local Customers
Content marketing is about more than creating highly readable and engaging content. You might write the best blog in your industry; however, failing to optimize it for local users will not do much good if your business depends on local customers to survive. Fortunately, you can apply a variety of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to direct local traffic your way.
Driving Local Traffic to Your Online Content
In order to reach people who have the potential to patronize your business, you must establish your brand as an authority in your industry. This is also one of the best ways to increase conversions. If people do not regard you as an industry authority and a credible resource, your content will not have the impact that it should.
Being seen as a credible authority certainly involves the creation of high-quality, readable material. However, you must also tailor your content to meet the specific needs of your clientele.
Apply these strategies to compel local traffic to view your content and take positive action:
- Homepage: Your homepage must be relevant to those who seek quick access to the information they need. Within a moment or two of landing on your website, visitors should gain a clear understanding of what your business does. On the other hand, people should also be able to easily explore your website to learn more about your business. Make the links to other pages on your site visible and readily accessible.
- Individualized Pages: If your business has branches in various locations, make sure your content reflects that. Matt Cutts, the former leader of Google’s web spam team, made it clear that individualized pages with their own URLs are important. When the owners of an Italian restaurant in Mississauga West were planning to open a location in another Ontario neighbourhood, for example, a logical step was to create another page specific to the additional location.
- Deals and Coupon Pages: Who does not appreciate getting a good deal on a product or service they were going to buy anyway? Providing coupons and other kinds of deals can lead local traffic to your content, especially if you optimize a special page for them with carefully researched, location-specific keywords.
- Contact Page: If you do not already have a contact page on your website, put this at the top of your to-do list. Keep in mind that you need certain details on your contact page to make it truly useful to your audience. Do you know what NAP is? This acronym stands for name, address, and phone number. To localize this information as much as possible, be sure to offer a street address if you provide a post office box. Also, if you offer a toll-free number, do not forget to also include your local phone number. Give simple directions from key areas of the city to your location.
- Testimonials: People respond favourably when they can view actual feedback from other customers. Build a page of testimonials and reviews on your website. A residential roofing company in Toronto was able to increase conversions simply by offering a customer testimonials page to their site.
Content marketing can seem overwhelming if your business has nothing to do with digital content and SEO. Fortunately, you can turn to one of the top content writing teams in Mississauga and Toronto. We will help to optimize your website, so you draw more local search traffic and inspire more conversions overall.
Need to drive greater traffic to your business from the local area? MintCopy offers a wealth of results-oriented SEO content services across the GTA. Call 1-888-6468-003, or email us today. Also, do not hesitate to use our online contact form for more information.