If you’re jumping straight into this post without reading the first two parts; then stop reading now and click here. This series has a lot of value and missing out on any part of it can leave you strategically short-changed. As we finish up our compilation of proven SEO copywriting tips, feel free to bookmark these pages for future reference (yes, they’re that good, even though we are saying so!). Enough small talk...
Let’s get back to improving your SEO copywriting technique:
- Make Use of Title Tag Modifiers: This is especially true for e-commerce sites competing with big names like Amazon. Identifying a single keyword or phrase is simple—meaning that everyone else has already caught on. Make your product stand out by finding additional words that can narrow down those SEO results. Try typing your keyword into the Google search window or on Amazon and look at the other words that pop up after the initial phrase. Add these when appropriate and you’ll see results.
- Make Your Intro Count: Write your intro in a way that empathizes with the reader, offers a solution, and insight into potential results. This immediately engages your audience, reduces bounce rate, and helps retain interest.
- Get Creative with Headlines: No one wants to admit it, but most of us are guilty of clicking on those “clickbait” headlines. Don’t be afraid to add a little drama to your titles. Creating interest and leaving something to the imagination will undoubtedly get more people to your page. Just make sure that your content is good enough to keep them there.
- Use Hidden Keywords to Gauge Interest: Go to social media sites and underground blogs like Reddit. Look at what people are really focused on. Search recent pages for specific keywords and use tools like “Keyworddit” to identify those magical buzz words. Incorporating these into headings and topics will start moving your page up in the search results.
- White Space Holds Interest: We’re all guilty of skimming through content without actually giving it our full attention. Using sub-headings and smaller divided paragraphs makes the material more digestible and holds your reader’s interest for a longer time. White space on the page will reduce bounce rate and keep people moving through the content.
- Shorter URLs Are More Appealing: If your URL is long or has several words, it could be working against you. Shorten your URL to make it more memorable and easier for people type in.
- Incorporate Numbers and Emotional Descriptors into Meta Data: It’s been proven, time and time again, that incorporating numbers and emotionally expressive words into titles, headers, and meta data can increase traffic exponentially.
SEO copywriting is constantly changing, and this means changing your technique and re-evaluating the response. The content marketing experts at MintCopy work hard to scour the internet and analytical data to come up with the best strategies to propel our clients’ content towards the top. Ask us what we can do for your website, and start seeing real results.
Use our online form to get in touch today. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter to stay updated on the latest content marketing trends.