How do I define my content marketing strategy? This is a question we are asked frequently at MintCopy and the answer is different for different companies and clients. You see, as no two companies are ever the same, no two marketing strategies should be the same either. The important thing is to have a clear strategy and know the factors that must be considered to make it work.
Every Project Needs A Tailored Content Marketing Strategy
Whether you are launching a new range of products, announcing company news or simply adding new posts to your blog, you need to determine a set of content marketing rules for each new project. You need to think in the past, present and future when defining your strategy.
Think about what has worked or hasn’t worked well in the past, think about what it is you want to say now and also think about how you see this content helping you in the future. The “future” starts from the second your content is published. That is when it starts working for you. And when you define the right marketing strategy, boy will it work!
Every content marketing strategy should include the following factors:
- Target audience – know your content must speak to
- Content personality - you can read more about that here
- Identify where your content will be published - website, blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Make your content useful - give them something for nothing
- Use the same writers for consistency – it’s hard to find that powerful voice; so once you do, stick to it!
- Define your writing style and be consistent across all platforms
- Don’t be afraid to stand out - it worked for Apple!
Let us help you define your content strategy. Plus, we will support you with intelligent, focused and quality copywriting services. Speak to MintCopy today. Contact us now at 888-646-8003 or send us an email to find out more.